Chamber Ribbon Cuttings
A Special Celebration of Your Business
The Lewis County Chamber of Commerce is always eager to celebrate milestones of businesses in our community. A ribbon cutting event is an opportunity to showcase what your business has to offer!
We offer this service free to the opening of a new business or if you are a member, the celebration of a milestone anniversary, moving to a new location, remodeling its facility, under new ownership or management, launching a new product or service.
The Lewis County Chamber of Commerce will work with you to help make your ribbon cutting a success for your business. From our experience, you can expect anywhere from 10 to 50 people in attendance. This depends on a number of factors, the most essential being the promotional efforts to invite your contacts to your special event.
What You Need to Plan to Do:
- Work with chamber staff to select a date and time at least 2 weeks in advance
- Invite customers and prospects, friends and family, neighboring businesses
- Offer a free gift, drawing or giveaway
- Put out balloons and signs
- Offer light food and beverage to your guests. If it is a morning event, coffee and pastry, or for an afternoon event plan on soft drinks, cheese and crackers and/or one or two light appetizers.
What We Will Do:
- List your event on the Chamber website calendar
- Announce your event in our email newsletters
- Announce event through Chamber social media
- Invite elected officials, media contacts, and the Chamber Board of Directors
- Provide ribbon, large ceremonial scissors and conduct the event
- Post pictures on social media after the event
To schedule a ribbon cutting, please complete the request form below. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email us or give us a call at 304-269-2608.
A downloadable version of this form is available.